The Important Role of Technology in Modern Accounting Firms
It could be easy to think of the accounting profession as one that resists change and sticks to a particular way of conducting business. But as any member of a successful modern-day accounting firm will tell you, it’s essential to stay on top of technological advances if you want your business to grow and to best serve its clients’ changing needs. In this episode, “accounting guru” David Bergstein shares some of his experience and insights with respect to this thought-provoking topic.
David has been in the accounting profession for many years. A graduate of CUNY Baruch College, and LIU C.W. Post, he has won several awards and is considered a visionary. He is also an adjunct college professor. Additionally, he has been an IRS Chief and member of their speaker’s bureau. Avalara named him to their Accounting Top 100 Social Media Leaderboard for 2018. In 2018, Val Steed, CEO at K2 Enterprises, LLC, added him to his Top 15 Accounting Technology Executives of all time. Accounting Today listed him as one of their Top 100 Most Influential People in both 2015 and 2017.
“The mission is helping other people achieve success.” @davidbergsteincpa
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- Why David says he’s a millennial in a baby boomer’s body
- Why he believes accounting is one of the best professions
- Why accounting isn’t just about numbers
- Some of David’s fascinating and varied background
- The importance of offering advisory services to your clients
- Why smaller firms have an easier time adapting to technological advances more easily than large ones
- Why diversity can be essential to your success in business
- What made David get into social media
- Why going to meetings and getting excited about changes you want to make in yourself or your firm isn’t enough
- Some fun and interesting information about David’s passion for pickleball