The Unique CPA Virtual Conference
Re-charge | Re-focus | Refine
The time for registering for this event has passed.
December 2, 2021
12:00 pm – 5:15 pm (EST)
Happy Hour & Beer Tasting
5:15 pm – 6:15 pm (EST)
Agenda & Speakers
As we head into the third straight tax season where CPAs have had to work under the influence of a worldwide pandemic, the Unique CPA virtual conference will provide a place to pause and listen to public accounting thought leaders advise you on strategies that can improve your firm’s performance and accelerate growth heading into 2022. All sessions are eligible for CPE credit.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS DECEMBER 1st, 2021!
12:00 PM – 12:10 PM
Randy Crabtree will start our virtual conference with introductions as well as an opening statement on why this conference is vital in reviewing the past two years of challenges, and how you can prepare for 2022.
12:10 PM – 1:00 PM
The Lifetime Value of Employees: Attracting and Retaining Engaged Talent
John Garrett, Corporate Culture Catalyst | Thought Provoker
Shatter the stereotype! No matter where you are in your career, it’s important to differentiate yourself to achieve your goals. Interestingly, by standing out and separating yourself from your peers, you actually become more engaged, developing stronger relationships with both co-workers and clients to get greater fulfillment out of your career. Through the sharing of his own research, John is on a mission to encourage both you and your organization to have the confidence to find what truly lights you up and then share it with others.
- Learn strategies to build stronger teams and better relationships with coworkers and clients
- Identify what makes you unique and how to leverage your perceived vulnerabilities into strengths
- Discover how to differentiate yourself and your organization in order to attract and retain top talent
1:05 PM – 1:55 PM
Nexus Post Wayfair and Pandemic. Do I Really Have to File Everywhere on Everything?
Jordan M. Goodman | HMB Law | Partner, State and Local Tax (SALT) Group
This session will look at the tax filing requirements at the state and local level. It will give historical context to traditional constitutional and statutory requirements and explain how the Wayfair decision and the Pandemic has affected those protections. We will also examine various options for getting into compliance.
- You will learn the constitutional and statutory obligations to file tax returns at the state and local level.
- You will be able to distinguish the different obligations to pay tax related to sales tax, use tax, income tax and franchise taxes
- You will obtain a variety of strategies of where to file; when to file and what to do if you have not been meeting those obligations.
2:00 PM – 2:50 PM
Partner Compensation: More Performance, Less Agony
Kristen Rampe, CPA | Rampe Consulting
Is partner compensation causing tension at your firm? Do you wish partners were held more accountable? Want them to make choices with the firm’s best interests in mind, as opposed to just what’s best for their personal bottom line?
It might be time to update your CPA firm compensation system to drive performance and reduce the agony.
- How partner compensation systems can positively impact partner performance, and cascade to your high-potential professionals.
- We’ll cover outdated practices that keep firms fighting about what’s not fair in their income allocation.
- Modern updates you can make to use your compensation system to improve the bottom line.
2:55 PM – 3:45 PM
Permanent Tax Incentives & Credits: What your clients need to know post Covid relief
Randy Crabtree, CPA | Tri-Merit Specialty Tax Professionals
Thanks to the Cares Act, taxpayers have had access to certain tax breaks which were designed to help businesses and their employees make it through the Pandemic. This session will highlight those temporary credits and incentives that are still in play, as well as look at others that are a permanent part of the tax code and can help put money back into your clients’ businesses for years to come.
- Get the latest updates on the Employee Retention Credit and why there’s still time to apply
- How hiring certain segments of the work force qualify employers for the Work Opportunity Credit and why application timing is critical
- Understanding misconceptions around the R&D Tax Credit and the importance of having a “better late than never” attitude when it comes to identifying clients who may qualify
- Learning the similarities and differences between two incentives that reward energy efficiency: the 179D energy efficient commercial building deduction and the 45L energy efficient home credit claim
- Learning about the value of cost segregation and which type of commercial properties are the best targets
3:50 PM – 4:40 PM
Building a Niche, Virtual Practice
Joshua Lance, CPA, CGMA | Lance CPA Group
Have you wondered what it would take to change your firm to a model that is virtual and highly niched? In this session, we will walk through the process of becoming a virtual niched firm, including how to market and sell your services, identify how to niche into a particular industry or particular type of services, and how to build out the necessary framework for a virtual firm to succeed. In addition, we will discuss the process of hiring and retaining talent in a virtual firm and the tech stack to make this work and get your virtual niched firm off the ground.
- Identify changes firms need to make to operate in a virtual and remote environment
- Understand the process on how to create a niche within your firm
- Identify technology tools that help you run your firm better in a virtual model including how you engage with clients and get paid promptly for your services
4:45 PM – 5:15 PM
Results from the Public Accounting Industry
R&D Tax Credit Benchmark Survey
Nick Pantaleo, CPA | Tri-Merit Specialty Tax Professionals
5:15 PM – 6:15 PM
Virtual Happy Hour and Beer Tasting (optional paid event)
Chris Quinn. Siebel Institute Master of Beer Styles and Evaluation and Certified Cicerone | The Beer Temple
Learn more by clicking the link here – https://store2.craftbeertemple.com/uniquecpa/
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR THE BEER TASTING IS NOVEMBER 22nd, 2021!
Register for The Unique CPA Virtual Conference
December 2, 2021
Who should attend:
CPAs, Managing Partners, Tax Partners, Tax Managers
Register for Free:
There is no charge to attend this year’s conference.